If you are a chess player and want to know how to progress in this game, this is your article. Whether you are a person who sees chess as a means of entertainment or someone who wants to dedicate himself to having a perfect game, here I will tell you numerous tips and recommendations so that you can train chess and achieve what you set out to do, whether it’s just to play good games or to emerge in the chess world.
Many chess players ask themselves every day what you have to do to be able to play good games, have remarkable results and be satisfied with what they have learned. To achieve this you have to know that you will have to dedicate some time every day to chess because it is not possible a magical training that allows you to be like Magnus Carlsen in a couple of days. If we compare, he has put a lot of effort into his chess training. So don’t get discouraged, with my advice, you’ll expand your skills. Just sit down, read and enjoy.
To be able to train chess you have to have free time
I recommend that before putting chess training tips into practice you must consider the time you are going to devote to it, so nothing interrupts your learning. Training as in any sport you have to have a clear mind, a space in which you feel comfortable and above all not be pressured by anything, where you have all your attention in doing your chess training.
How to train chess, tips and advantages of a training
- Knowledge is acquired faster when you are motivated. With a state of mind where you know what to read or analyze, you will like what you read, instead of causing a negative sensation, so if you intend to study chess themes, try to make it when you feel fit for it.
- You can spend hours analyzing a game you had, an opening or a line of defense that didn’t work out as it should, to improve what you set out to play. It’s a good step, however, you are going to spend a lot of effort. To improve your level studying your games it’s better to cover a greater number of them that don’t come from a single game and the most important part is to recognize your mistakes and put solutions to solve them.
- Memorizing through repetition is a way of learning but I do not recommend it as the best method. The best thing is that you relate your games with others and form a general analysis of what has worked and what has not, so your brain immediately relates the error you made during a middlegame or an endgame. Try to relate what you did when you won to what you did when you lost.
- Having several games with different people helps a lot as you will face different methods, different openings, different defenses and especially many lines. When you see something new that you don’t know how to answer, I recommend that you write it down in a notebook and then look for the solution to your problem.
Training chess is the journey to the success
- Create a daily routine (if you can even for a few minutes). Coming home from work, school, after a nap, reading or seeing something new you want to learn will make your game work better.
- Seeing professional live chess games motivates you and copying some things that the big boys do will help you a lot.
- Focuses on each training session on a single part, chess has three parts: openings, middlegames and endgames. If you choose to practice the endgames, study different ones; queen and king versus a king or two rooks versus queen, pawn endgames…
- Develop the art of visualization, create the movements in your mind before your opponent makes them.
The theory is important but only if you have reached to 2200. If you haven’t reach don’t hesitate to learn about openings but focus your training on opening concepts: openings, middlegames, endgames… It’s always good to have the concepts clear in your mind, so when a move comes up you’ll know what to do.
All of this will work if you set your mind to it, it isn’t a miraculous formula but if you put a little effort into it it will make great results for you. You’ll progress in your game, perfect your style and enjoy the games more. Training chess is key to reach the level you want, if you devote a lot of effort you will get a lot of good results.
Surround yourself with people with whom you can share this sport and acquire knowledge. For example, by having a social circle where they have something in common, in this case, chess. You can learn more chess training routines that you can add to your own.
For an effective chess training, you need a professional of chess
If you have the courage to get into a habit and progress in your game, you only need two things: a coach and train chess. Studying chess alone doesn’t have the same results as with a trainer who will set you a daily and personalized routine where you will make great progress.
A trainer can provide you with routines that will be of great use to you and you will learn many things that before seemed impossible to achieve on your own. So for superior performance, it’s best to have someone who can put his trust in you and train you in chess. It’s up to you to take good classes and get by with your ability.
Success is in your hands, don’t let the opportunity slip by. Everyone has the right to progress and be good at something. Why not do it with chess? Train chess every day and you can do it. I believe that you will do your best to become a master or at least play a bit better of this wonderful sport!